Webinar: The Mosaic of Healing: A Portal Into Transformation – The Client, The Attuned Therapist, The Experience, and The Tool – A Course For Trauma Therapists 4/11/21 – 4/15/21
April 11 - April 15$380
This webinar workshop is designed to educate practitioners working in the trauma spectrum on how to integrate the Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) created by Dr. Stephen Porges as a preparatory and/or intervention tool for treating complex trauma and other conditions of Autonomic Dysregulation.
DATES: 04/11/21 TO 04/15/21
OFFERED IN AM AND PM
Sessions will be recorded
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM MDT
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM MDT
COST: $380 USD
We will be discussing applications of the SSP among pediatrics, couples, individuals, and family systems. The SSP prepares the nervous system to respond to the ‘Essence of Safety’ (Neuroception). While the SSP utilizes music that progressively kindles the natural biological rhythms of homeostasis in the Autonomic Nervous, the SEGAN MODEL will allow for the therapist and client to develop a narrative to support the intention and
meaning of the intervention.
When adopting the SEGAN MODEL (Sensation, Emotion, Gesture in colors, Action, and Narrative), the listening sessions are supported by activities that encourage expression, embodiment, coherence, and empowerment. This model supports the integration of our life patterns as we embrace our intuition and imagination. This inspiring “portal” becomes then a dynamic healing process.
We will be exploring the somatic, emotional, and creative forces of a journey that encompasses the threading of the “Eye of a Needle.” By establishing an intention, the client sets the stage for the process. The listening days are portrayed as Seeking Sensation (day one), Awareness of Emotion (day two), Embracing the Gesture (day three), Awakening the Action (day four), and Envisioning a Narrative (day five) – SEGAN.
This is a simple yet potent model that may be implemented in various settings, including therapy offices, hospitals, residential facilities, outdoors, home, and community.
As a participant in this webinar, you will be able to create your own “Mosaic of Healing” and experience your life narrative in a new inspired and transformational way. You will have the opportunity to compose your personal journey in a “fabric of poetry and art”.
- Name and describe the stages of the SSP when treating trauma
- Learn therapeutic activities utilized in the SEGAN model (developed by Ana do Valle) for tracking your client’s healing journey
- Participate in an experiential process that will support your learning and understanding of this model
What to bring for this experiential webinar :
- A giant scarf
- Nine pictures from birth to current age illustrating your life span. If you do not have pictures, small objects you have collected in your life can replace them.
- Twelve small stones (stacking)
- Cafeteria type tray filled with play sand
- Two copper balls or pellets that can fit in the palm of your hand
- Beeswax (stockmar modeling beeswax)
- Soft pastels and pastels paper (Honsell Gallery Artist’s hand-rolled – MUNGVO)
- Four copper rods approximately 76 cm (29.9 inches) length and 1.3 cm (0.5 inches) diameter, four caps (0.5 inches), sand (4 cups), hammer
- Uriel Pharmacy (order online): aUrum, Lavender, Rose cream (866) 642-2858
- Acupressure ring (spiky sensory finger ring)
- A blindfold
- A bag of grain (2 kilos) inside your favorite pillowcase
- A soft and texturized matt for your feet
- A picture of your favorite place
- Large play-silk big enough for you to hide under it
SOMATIC EXPERIENCING / SSP GROUP CONSULTATION
ALL LEVELS: 4/19/21 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM MDT
SE CREDITS OFFERED
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
ANA DO VALLE
OTR, SEP, SIPTC
Ana is an Occupational Therapist (OT) who has developed her studies in Anthroposophy, Sensory Processing, Somatic Experiencing, and Brainspotting. She has over 37 years of experience working in hospitals and schools. She runs a flourishing private practice in Boulder, CO. Ana also teaches internationally, including training in Europe, Canada, Brazil, Alaska, and the U.S. She has co-taught with Dr. Robert Scaer, author of The Trauma Spectrum, and has worked directly with Dr. Peter Levine, the Somatic Experiencing developer. Ana works with native cultures on the subject of healing trauma. Ana can address the nuances of processing sensory input and work directly with the’ Twelve Senses’ to create embodiment, coherence and promote healing in the physical body.