Beginner’s Level: SEGAN The Sensory Mosaic of Healing: A Portal Into Transformation – 02/13/2022 – 02/17/2022
February 13, 2022 - February 17, 2022$380
DATES: 02/13/2022 to 02/17/2022
This Online Webinar will be recorded for those who cannot attend live via Zoom.
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM MTN Time
COST: $380 – USD
This workshop is designed to educate practitioners working in the trauma spectrum on how to integrate the Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) created by Dr. Stephen Porges as a preparatory and/or intervention tool for treating complex trauma, wounds of attachment, addictions, and other emotional and physical conditions related to Autonomic Dysregulation.
We will be discussing applications of the SSP among pediatrics, couples, individuals, and family systems. The SSP prepares the nervous system to respond to the ‘Essence of Safety’ (Neuroception). The SSP utilizes algorithms that progressively kindles the natural biological rhythms of homeostasis in the Nervous System.
The SEGAN MODEL will allow the client and therapist to develop a narrative that supports the essence of a felt sense-based intention that integrates the implicit memory, thereby guiding each individual to create their own Mosaic of Healing.
When adopting the SEGAN MODEL (Sensation, Emotion, Gesture in colors, Action, and Narrative), the listening sessions are supported by artistic and creative activities and gestures that encourage expression, embodiment, coherence, and empowerment.
This model applies the integration of our life patterns. It correlates each hour of the SSP to a deeper relationship and organization of the “I.” It supports the somatic “bottom-up” approach of creating the opportunity for the arousal shift, inviting intuition, imagination, curiosity, and connection to the “here and now.” This inspirational process is a dynamic rhythmical healing co-creation that is accessed by one’s capacity to “Feel and Be in the present moment.” By embracing the 12 Human Senses, one will have a direct experience with the inner Self; therefore, able to mobilize forces of healing. It applies the principles of Salutogenesis by fostering coherence and promoting orientation, therefore creating empowerment towards the awakening of one’s own healing forces.
We will be exploring the somatic, emotional, and creative elements of a journey that encompasses a trajectory that is similar to the crossing of the “Eye of the Needle.” By establishing an intention and allowing its natural unfolding (effortless), the client begins the process. Thus, the listening days are portrayed as a “Sacred Journey.”
You may implement this simple yet potent model in various settings, including therapy offices, hospitals, residential facilities, outdoors, home, trauma centers, and community.
As a participant in this webinar, you will be able to create your own “Mosaic of Healing” and experience your life narrative in a new inspirational, and transformational way. During this webinar, you will have the opportunity to compose your personal journey in a “fabric of poetry and art.” No previous experience with expressive arts is required in order for you to attend this webinar.
A listening cohort of the SSP listening hours following the SEGAN Model will be offered during the month of October. Webinar participants that are interested in experiencing this process themselves will be invited to register. Costs and dates will be discussed during the course.
- Name and describe the stages of the SSP when treating trauma
- Learn therapeutic activities utilized in the SEGAN The Sensory Mosaic of Healing model (developed by Ana do Valle) for tracking your client’s healing journey
- Participate in an experiential process that will support your learning and understanding of this model
Ana do Valle. Ana is a licensed and registered mental health occupational therapist who has been working and practicing in the field of trauma and self-coregulation for the past 38 years. She has been teaching the SEGAN model since 2017 in the US, Norway, and Israel.
She has been a featured guest speaker at the Pre-Conference at the International Trauma Conference sponsored by Bessel Van der kolk in Boston in 2019. She also has also presented the SEGAN model at the International Safe and Sound Protocol gathering in Atlantic Beach, Florida in 2019.
In addition, Ana is an approved Somatic Experiencing Practitioner Consultant for all levels of students undergoing the three-year graduate SEP (Somatic Experiencing Practitioner) training. She is a Member of the Clinical Advisory Team (CAT) for Unyte, providing quarterly webinars to all practitioners utilizing the Focus System and the SSP, also supporting general program development.
Ana is a graduate of the 3-Year Program offered through the Anthroposophic Psychology training in 2016. And, is certified in Sensory Integration.
For the past three decades Ana has been working with the First Nation in the US, Alaska, and Brazil on the subject of early childhood education, trauma prevention, and healing. This collaboration is on addressing emotional and behavioral dysregulation, addictions, wounds of attachment, and trauma fragmentation.
She holds a private practice, Soma Healing Center in Boulder CO, running an anthroposophical inspired trauma recovery clinic applying Somatic Experiencing, Brain Spotting and Sensory Integration techniques.
Ana works with children, adults, couples and families implementing the SEGAN model with the Safe and Sound Protocol.
What to Bring for this Experiential Webinar:
- 60 inch long silk scarf
- Nine pictures from birth to current age illustrating your life span. If you do not have pictures, small objects you have collected in your life can replace them.
- Twelve small crystals (for stacking). If you wish to select your crystals based on the crystal’s spiritual meaning, there are many websites that offer this. An example is: https://crystalearthspirit.com/pages/crystal-meanings
- Cafeteria-type tray filled with play sand
- Two copper balls or pellets that can fit in the palm of your hand
- Beeswax. Suggested: Stockmar modeling beeswax which can be found online
- Soft chalk pastels (not oil) and pastels paper (Honsell Gallery Artist’s hand-rolled – MUNGVO)
- Four copper rods approximately 76 cm (29.9 inches) length and 1.3 cm (0.5 inches) diameter
- 4 caps (0.5 inches) which will be used to hold in the sand inside the copper rods
- 4 cups of sand
- Uriel Aurum Lavender Rose Cream which can be ordered online at:
- Uriel Pharmacy at: https://shopuriel.com/product/aurum-lavender-rose-cream/ or by calling (866) 642-2858
- Rudolf Steiner College Bookstore at: https://rscbookstore.com/products/uriel-aurum-lavender-rose-cream
- Acupressure Spiky Sensory Finger Ring which can be bought online
- A blindfold
- A bag of rice (2 kilos) inside your favorite pillowcase
- A soft and texturized mat for your feet
- A picture of your favorite place
- Large play-silk big enough for you to hide under it