Intermediate Level: SEGAN The Sensory Mosaic of Healing: A Portal Into Transformation
April 16, 2023 - April 20, 2023
DATES: April 16 to 20, 2023
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM MTN Time
COST: $TBD USD
Content to be announced soon.
Ana do Valle. Ana is a licensed and registered mental health occupational therapist who has been working and practicing in the field of trauma and self-coregulation for the past 38 years. She has been teaching the SEGAN model since 2017 in the US, Norway, and Israel.
She has been a featured guest speaker at the Pre-Conference at the International Trauma Conference sponsored by Bessel Van der kolk in Boston in 2019. She also has also presented the SEGAN model at the International Safe and Sound Protocol gathering in Atlantic Beach, Florida in 2019.
In addition, Ana is an approved Somatic Experiencing Practitioner Consultant for all levels of students undergoing the three-year graduate SEP (Somatic Experiencing Practitioner) training. She is a Member of the Clinical Advisory Team (CAT) for Unyte, providing quarterly webinars to all practitioners utilizing the Focus System and the SSP, also supporting general program development.
Ana is a graduate of the 3-Year Program offered through the Anthroposophic Psychology training in 2016. And, is certified in Sensory Integration.
For the past three decades Ana has been working with the First Nation in the US, Alaska, and Brazil on the subject of early childhood education, trauma prevention, and healing. This collaboration is on addressing emotional and behavioral dysregulation, addictions, wounds of attachment, and trauma fragmentation.
She holds a private practice, Soma Healing Center in Boulder CO, running an anthroposophical inspired trauma recovery clinic applying Somatic Experiencing, Brain Spotting and Sensory Integration techniques.
Ana works with children, adults, couples and families implementing the SEGAN model with the Safe and Sound Protocol.
What to Bring for this Experiential Webinar:
- 60 inch long silk scarf
- Nine pictures from birth to current age illustrating your life span. If you do not have pictures, small objects you have collected in your life can replace them.
- Twelve small crystals (for stacking). If you wish to select your crystals based on the crystal’s spiritual meaning, there are many websites that offer this. An example is: https://crystalearthspirit.com/pages/crystal-meanings
- Cafeteria-type tray filled with play sand
- Two copper balls or pellets that can fit in the palm of your hand
- Beeswax. Suggested: Stockmar modeling beeswax which can be found online
- Soft chalk pastels (not oil) and pastels paper (Honsell Gallery Artist’s hand-rolled – MUNGVO)
- Four copper rods approximately 76 cm (29.9 inches) length and 1.3 cm (0.5 inches) diameter
- 4 caps (0.5 inches) which will be used to hold in the sand inside the copper rods
- 4 cups of sand
- Uriel Aurum Lavender Rose Cream which can be ordered online at:
- Uriel Pharmacy at: https://shopuriel.com/product/aurum-lavender-rose-cream/ or by calling (866) 642-2858
- Rudolf Steiner College Bookstore at: https://rscbookstore.com/products/uriel-aurum-lavender-rose-cream
- Acupressure Spiky Sensory Finger Ring which can be bought online
- A blindfold
- A bag of rice (2 kilos) inside your favorite pillowcase
- A soft and texturized mat for your feet
- A picture of your favorite place
- Large play-silk big enough for you to hide under it