Beginner’s Level: SEGAN The Sensory Mosaic of Healing®: A Portal Into Transformation
February 24, 2024 - February 28, 2024$500.00
Beginner's Level: SEGAN - The Sensory Mosaic of Healing: A Portal into Transformation
DATES: Saturday, February 24, 2024 to Wednesday, February 28, 2024
This Online Webinar will be recorded for those who cannot attend live via Zoom.
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM MTN Time
Monday to Wednesday: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM MTN Time
COST: $500 – USD
This workshop is designed to educate practitioners working in the trauma spectrum on integrating the SEGAN Model to support the organization of the Self. We will combine the Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) created by Dr. Stephen Porges within the SEGAN. We will address complex trauma, attachment wounds, addictions, and other emotional and physical conditions related to Autonomic Dysregulation.
We will be discussing applications of the SSP for pediatrics, couples, individuals, and family systems. The SSP prepares the nervous system to respond to the ‘Essence of Safety’ (Neuroception). The SSP utilizes algorithms that progressively kindles the natural biological rhythms of homeostasis in the Nervous System.
The SEGAN MODEL further allows the client and therapist to develop a narrative that supports the essence of a felt sense-based intention that integrates the implicit memory, thereby guiding each individual in the co-creation of their own Mosaic of Healing.
When adopting the SEGAN MODEL (Sensation, Emotion, Gesture in colors, Action, and Narrative), the listening sessions are supported by artistic, creative activities and gestures that encourage expression, embodiment, coherence, and empowerment.
This model enlivens our awareness and understanding of life patterns. It correlates each hour of the SSP to a deeper relationship and organization of our conscious mind, or “I.” It supports the somatic “bottom-up” approach of creating the opportunity for subtle shifts in arousal, inviting imagination, inspiration and intuition, to strengthen our capacity to become present with ourselves and each other.
This process is a Healing Algorithm that accesses your creativity. By embodying the “Twelve Human Senses,” you will mobilize your personal and collective healing elements.
The SEGAN applies the principles of “Salutogenesis” by fostering coherence and promoting orientation towards empowerment and the awakening of one’s “Healing Pathway.”
We will be exploring the somatic, emotional, and creative elements of a journey that encompasses a trajectory that is similar to the crossing of a portal, the “Eye of the Needle.” By establishing an intention and allowing its natural unfolding (effortless), the client begins shifting.
Thus, the listening days are portrayed as an intentional and “Sacred Journey.”
You may implement this potent model in various settings, including therapy offices, schools, hospitals, residential facilities, outdoors, home, trauma centers, and community centers.
As a participant in this webinar, you will be able to create your own “Sensory Mosaic of Healing” and experience your life narrative in a new inspirational and transformational way. You will have the opportunity to compose your personal journey in a “fabric of poetry and art.” No previous experience with expressive arts is required in order for you to attend this webinar.
- Name and describe the SEGAN Model as it applies to the five listening hours of the Safe and Sound Protocol.
- Experience and learn how to develop your own Mandala by documenting and tracking the process with the “Felt Sense,” instead of using a verbal narrative.
- Participate and learn how to facilitate the “Color Gesture,” the algorithm of healing that defragments and supports the narrative of Self.
- Learn the movements that sustain the embodiment of each of the listening hours of the SSP – Eurythmy.
- Name and learn the Twelve Senses as it relates to your clients’ healing pathway.
What to Bring for this Experiential Webinar:
- 60 inch long silk scarf
- Nine pictures from birth to current age illustrating your life span. If you do not have pictures, small objects you have collected in your life can replace them.
- Twelve small crystals (for stacking). If you wish to select your crystals based on the crystal’s spiritual meaning, there are many websites that offer this. An example is: https://crystalearthspirit.com/pages/crystal-meanings
- Two copper balls, pellets or oval-shape that can fit in the palm of your hand. http://www.oldtibetboulder.com
- Beeswax. Suggested: Stockmar modeling beeswax which can be found online
- Soft chalk pastels (not oil) and pastels paper (Honsell Gallery Artist’s hand-rolled – MUNGVO)
- Four copper rods approximately 76 cm (29.9 inches) length and 1.3 cm (0.5 inches) diameter
- 4 caps (0.5 inches) which will be used to hold in the sand inside the copper rods
- 4 cups of sand
- Uriel Aurum Lavender Rose Cream which can be ordered online at:
- Uriel Pharmacy at: https://shopuriel.com/product/aurum-lavender-rose-cream/ or by calling (866) 642-2858
- Rudolf Steiner College Bookstore at: https://rscbookstore.com/products/uriel-aurum-lavender-rose-cream
- A soft and texturized mat for your feet
- A picture of your favorite place
- Large play-silk big enough for you to hide under it
Ana do Valle. Ana is a licensed and registered mental health occupational therapist who has been working and practicing in the field of trauma and self-coregulation for the past 38 years. She has been teaching the SEGAN model since 2017 in the US, Norway, and Israel.
She has been a featured guest speaker at the Pre-Conference at the International Trauma Conference sponsored by Bessel Van der kolk in Boston in 2019. She also has also presented the SEGAN model at the International Safe and Sound Protocol gathering in Atlantic Beach, Florida in 2019.
In addition, Ana is an approved Somatic Experiencing Practitioner Consultant for all levels of students undergoing the three-year graduate SEP (Somatic Experiencing Practitioner) training. She is a Member of the Clinical Advisory Team (CAT) for Unyte, providing quarterly webinars to all practitioners utilizing the Focus System and the SSP, also supporting general program development.
Ana is a graduate of the 3-Year Program offered through the Anthroposophic Psychology training in 2016. And, is certified in Sensory Integration.
For the past three decades Ana has been working with the First Nation in the US, Alaska, and Brazil on the subject of early childhood education, trauma prevention, and healing. This collaboration is on addressing emotional and behavioral dysregulation, addictions, wounds of attachment, and trauma fragmentation.
She holds a private practice, Soma Healing Center in Boulder CO, running an anthroposophical inspired trauma recovery clinic applying Somatic Experiencing, Brain Spotting and Sensory Integration techniques.
Ana works with children, adults, couples and families implementing the SEGAN model with the Safe and Sound Protocol.
Amy Bjorkman, PhD. Dr. Amy Bjorkman is a Licensed Psychologist and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner located in Scottsdale, AZ. Dr. Bjorkman supports clients who struggle with eating disorders, overwhelming anxiety, and depression. She specializes in helping individuals who feel the impact of trauma or traumatic events. Her style is direct and compassionate. Her goal is to help clients find a state of relaxed safety in order to enhance their coping skills.
Karisa Kloscak, MC, LPC-AZ, LPCC-CA, SEP, EAP, RYT-200. Karisa Kloscak is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Equine Assisted Psychotherapist and Yoga Instructor in Scottsdale, Arizona. She is also a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor providing telehealth services in California. Her passion is supporting those who’ve experienced trauma and/or addiction with a motivation to heal and shift. Karisa takes a client centered approach and believes each of us has the ability to heal from within. Her goal is to provide a safe, nurturing atmosphere to allow for positive change.